Corporate Blogging - Blog exploring new age / new ideas in Marketing and Marcom

Friday, September 16, 2005

Blogging from Sydney

It has been a whirlwind week. Meetings in Beijing and the past couple days in Sydney. Top of mind impression. I have an MBA in international business and consider myself to be a bit more of an "internationalist" than many Americans. Frankly I've been blown away by my brief trip to AP. I can't put my finger on it yet but what is top of mind is that most of us in America really are too insular. We don't get or seem to be too interested in the international news. I don't remember the last time I read a newspaper cover to cover but I read the newspaper the South China Daily News (I think that was the name) cover to cover. There was so much that caught my attention. This is a region that is really in action, in expansion versus a US that seems more conservative. Kind of the difference between youth and the elder person.

I was in Shanghai and Beijing about 4 years ago. The difference from then to now is unbelievable. Four years ago in Beijing riding in a car you were surrounded by bicycles at the stoplights. Now the roadways are full of cars and the bicycles are on a narrow lane to the side. Before the corners had 1000's of bicycles locked up now you see only a few.

Sydney also seems very alive and active. As for blogging in Sydney, there is interest at least from my team here but Podcasts, content distribution in new formats, RSS seems to be of more interest.

I will continue my thoughts on the region and add photos when I get back. Right now we are just moving too fast with too little sleep for me to make sense of all the impressions floating around in my head.

Thanks for checking in with me.

0 Old Comments: