Corporate Blogging - Blog exploring new age / new ideas in Marketing and Marcom

Saturday, June 25, 2005

IBM blogvangelist

Ok - everything seems to be in order.

Why a blog now? I've been a blogvangelist for a while but my interest has been more in strategy, sharing, learning, teaching, producing... and not so much in creating my own blog. I have been blogging inside of IBM but I've now decided to blog outside. I really have to credit (or blame) 2 people and one event for that decision. Toby aka Marketing Diva and Rick Short with Indium and the AMA Blogging Conference in Boston.

In working on blogging for IBM I had been noodling with thoughts about how to find the right people the right voice to blog for IBM on my IBM On Demand Business website. The 4P's of marketing came to mind and I had come up with a list of 3 of the 4 P's (four P's, 4Ps, four ps) for blogging - Personality, Perseverance and Passion. While talking at the conference, Rick supplied an excellent 4th P - Point or Purpose... well see for yourself in Rick's explanation. In the wonk after the conference, Toby said I should really try external blogging. So, here I am. Following my own 4P rule, we will see if I do indeed have the passion for actually blogging OR if my passion is behind the scenes as a producer, educator, director etc.

In the meantime, let me put in a plug for the conference. I feel pretty "buttoned up" in my blogging knowledge and the AMA blogging conference was a great experience. It is a great conference for the beginner and for people who have already started the blogging journey. Find the time, find the money and find the conference when it comes to a city near you.

Thanks for checking in with me.


3 Old Comments:

Welcome to the outside world!

Passion is a good thing to have and with a name close to my handle, it was easy to find you pop up in the blogosphere.

Good luck, I hope you do have enough time to blog outside. I have been outside for a bit and just got enabled for blogging inside my company. So I am curious to see how that will go.

Enjoy!

By Blogger Steve Sherlock, at 10:37 AM  

Congrats! on taking the step outside the ivy covered tower of the corporate world.

From our wonk conversation, I have no doubt about your passion for "life" - and isn't that a part of any successful blog?

I'm looking forword to your exploration of this type of blogging. Will be interesting to find out with you what path you choose to take - author or producer.

Thanks for your kind words about moi and the workshop!

Toby
Diva Marketing Blog

By Blogger Toby, at 10:25 PM  

Sher,
Congratulations and welcome. There is no doubt that you will become a positive and leading force in the blogosphere. I look forward to reading your postings and learning from you.

Rick Short

By Blogger Rick Short, at 9:12 AM